Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday's Featured Artist: Nataliaraya

Today, the spotlight is on Natalia of Nataliaraya, where you can find amazing jewelry like this unique necklace right here!





















Natalia is from Costa Rica (Coronado to be exact its like a little mountain town which is most the time cold even if its in CR! :P). Her shop was established in Mar 11, 2008 and currently has 608 sales (wow!). Here's our short and sweet pocket interview with Natalia of Nataliaraya.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Q: Describe yourself in 5 words.
A: Humble,goofy, insomniac, practical ,simple

Q: What goodies do you offer in your shop?
A: All the ideas I have running in my head transferred into metal.

Q: How was your shop started?

A: After getting very frustrated over my work (Human resources).. I decided to quit , the kind of things you do and you don't know what the next step is or what you are going to do.

I was making jewelry but mostly really intricate pieces it was like my way out of the stress I was living in, never imagined I could make a living out of it mostly because I was in Costa Rica and well even getting a paypal was so hard for me needed an account in the states.To make a huge story short… I managed to get a paypal, a wonderful friend of mine helped me doing all this and also had to bring down some machines and tools all the way from the states , because they don't have them here at all any were all this to make a workshop home, all of this because my teacher said one day "You can"..

To me the first piece I sold online was surreal and to this day I still ask myself with every sale,every conversation .. "Is this really happening? "





















Q:
What are some unique things about your shop?

A: A very personal approach to jewelry, every single piece I make I look at once is finished and I Imagine a person wearing it or giving to a special person.. If is a piece I would be proud to say " I made it" .. If I would wear it myself…or give to my mother.. If the piece has this pre-approval and applies in all these categories and my final reaction is pure love .. then goes to the shop..I have a lot of things I haven't listed just because I am not 100% pleased with the result… :)

Q: What or who inspires you?

A:This was the hardest question because I can't tell you exactly what it is everyday things and as I run into things .. I get ideas , I think they come to me instead.. I see something and I see the finished piece in my head and go make it..

I've always had an interest in classic pieces of jewelry so I also have some attempts at making my own take of the classic designs.

Q: What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?

A: Currently listed Martirio all the way.. As I was making it I was sure, this is the kind of jewelry I want to make from now on, original and it is exactly what I had in mind it's also way more artistic .. I love it so much and I enjoyed making her hair, lips all the little details…

Q: What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?

A:
Don’t get sad when things don’t sell right away etsy seems to have a rhythm and one minute you don’t sell a thing the next you get orders..

Just keep working and enjoying it , this reflects in your shop and you can tell when a person wants to sell something and when one person wants to create and share… Every human is an artist. If the dream of your life is to make beautiful art people will notice this and appreciate it.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Beside her wonderful shop, Natalia also has a blog (http://www.gravitando.wordpress.com/), where you can get to know her and her work better. So, don't hesitate to drop by and say "Hi"!

That's all for today's Featured Artist. Since this is a new category, I'll definitely appreciate your Comment and Feedback! Next Saturday, we'll meet Judy and her successful Grafitii 2, the place to go to for
a great variety of cool Buttons/Badges/Pins. You know you don't want to miss it!






















___________________________________________________________________

For more information on "Saturday's Featured Artist" and "Wednesday's Hidden Gem", click here!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment