Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday's "Hidden Gem": AngelinaFongDesigns

I don't know about you, but I do look forward to featuring great Etsy artists every Wednesday and Saturday not just because of the "warm and fuzzy" feeling of supporting the creativity and talents on Etsy but also because I always learn so much from them!!! So, are you ready to meet another great Etsy Artists?

Today, let's forget IKEA for one day and focus on the contemporary art and Home accessories (pillows, acrylic paintings, etc.) of Angelina Fong of AngelinaFongDesigns. Angelina is originally from the Bay Area (California) and live there currently. Her shop recently joined Etsy on April 9, 2009.

















Here's our pocket interview with Angelina of AngelinaFongDesigns.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


#1. Describe yourself in 5 words.

Creative. Ambitious. Outgoing. Sincere. Outspoken.

#2. What goodies do you offer in your shop?

Colorful, contemporary art and accessories for the home-- ranging from decorative throw pillows to original canvas paintings.

#3. How was your shop started?

I've always loved to create beautiful things through a variety of creative mediums -- sewing, knitting, crochet, painting. Friends and family have been telling me for years "You could totally sell this stuff!" but I always thought they were just being nice. After receiving more and more requests from friends and coworkers to buy my work, I decided to go full force and turn it into a business!

#4. What are some unique things about your shop?


My shop features items that are both stimulating to the eye as well as to the touch. With my pillows, I incoporate a variety of fabrics to create a unique mix of patterns, colors and textures. You will also see a lot of bold colors and textures within my paintings.

#5. What or who inspires you?

I draw much of the inspiration for my work from various elements of the Asian arts, jazz music and nature.



















#6. What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?


Lavendar Jazz. This is a piece that I was conceptualizing in my head for a long time before actually putting paint to canvas. It incorporates several loves of mine --jazz music, art and the color lavendar! In this piece, I tried to capture the essence of jazz music broken down to its most basic elements and the ways in which jazz simultaneously exudes simplicity and complexity in its form.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Beside her wonderful shop , Angelina also has a blog (www.angelinafongdesigns.blogspot.com ) where you can get to know her and her work better. So, don't hesitate to drop by and say "Hi"!


That's all for today's Hidden Gem. Our new artist and I would love to hear from YOU, so feel free to share your comments and ideas. Do you have a favorite Etsy Artist? Why not suggesting him/her to be featured on this blog? Just let me know!


Does this darling put a smile on your face like it did to me? If yes, then don't forget to come back next week to meet the great mind (and hands, lol) behind this and lots of other incredible pottery, JudyBFreeman. Until then, Au Revoir!






















___________________________________________________________________

For more information on "Saturday's Featured Artist" and "Wednesday's Hidden Gem", click here!
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog today! Can't wait to read about Judy B Freeman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview. Angelina is a very talented artist as is apparent in her work, and has a beautiful personality to match...don't find both often :)

    ReplyDelete