Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's "Hidden Gem": LovelyJourney

Hello, friends! Here's another short and sweet interview with an incredible Etsy Seller. Today, I'm honored to present to you Nicole Watkins and her wonderful photography shop called LovelyJourney. Nicole is living in Bruges, originally from Adelaide Australia. How can you not fall in love with her such fine art prints like this one from her shop!























Here's our pocket interview with Nicole of Lovely Journey on Etsy.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Q: Describe yourself in 5 words.

A: Creative, adventurous, brave, dedicated, loving

Q: What goodies do you offer in your shop?
A: A variety of photographic Fine Art prints and greeting cards.

Q: How was your shop started?
A: Since studying photography I have done various types of photographic work but began focussing on the artistic side of photography this year. I opened my store when I started my maternity leave a couple of months ago. I thought it would just be a part time thing but I think I work more hours on Etsy and my photography than I did when I was at work. I love it!

Q: What are some unique things about your shop?
A: I have a unique eye for photography, I love the feeling when i'm looking through the viewfinder and everything comes together. I'm not limitted to one subject as I love finding the beauty in all things.

Q: What or who inspires you?
A: I'm inspired by learning and experiencing. I love adventures even if it's five minutes walk from my home. Textures and light inspire me. My goal is to inspire others through my photography to get out and play and experience the world. I have a passion for Europe too, the buildings, the food, the style..



















Q: What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
A: I love my animal images. It takes so much patience to photograph animals because I want to capture something a little different and special. It's always worth the wait though to capture their personality.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Beside her wonderful shop, Nicole also has a blog ( www.alovelyjourney.blogspot.com) where you can get to know her and her work better. So, don't hesitate to drop by and say "Hi"!

That's all for today's Hidden Gem. Our new artist and I would love to hear from YOU, so feel free to share your comments and ideas. Do you have a favorite Etsy Artist? Why not suggesting him/her to be featured on this blog? Just let me know!

Next Wednesday, we'll meet Sarah and her wonderful shops of creative and original digital prints (SarahKDesigns). Isn't this print so fresh, vibrant and inspiring? We'll have a chat with her next week. Don't miss it!





















___________________________________________________________________

For more information on "Saturday's Featured Artist" and "Wednesday's Hidden Gem", click here!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment