Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday's "Hidden Gem": TheMonsterMaker

Welcome to my Wednesday's "Hidden Gem" pocket interview!

Today, we'll meet Charis of TheMonsterMaker. Charis is from Oxford, England, and her Etsy shop is full of wonderful things, including some unique jewelry and hair accessory, like the stunning earrings below. Not to mention some amazing wall hanging, too!



















Here's our short and sweet interview with Charis from TheMonsterMaker.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Q: Describe yourself in 5 words.

Happy, kooky, individual, bibliophile, hippyish

Q: What goodies do you offer in your shop?
Brooches, magnets, jewellery, plushies.. anything I can make with wire, felt & fabric.

Q: How was your shop started?
I'd been making jewellery as a hobby for about 6 months before I spotted an Etsy ad in Craft magazine. I had a look at the site, fell in love with it, & decided to start my shop!

Q: What are some unique things about your shop?
I think that my shop is really bright & tactile with childlike qualities.

Q: What or who inspires you?
Flickr, the weather, blogging,looking around craft stalls. My family is inspirational to me.





















Q: What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?

The Raindrops Wall Hanging. It's part applique, part embroidery. I enjoyed taking a dismal element of England (the weather!) & making it fun & cute.

Q: Your additional notes to my lovely blog's readers
If you make a purchase from my shop put Papillon in the checkout box & you will receive a 20% discount.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Beside her wonderful shop, Charis also has a blog (http://beingbeatrice.wordpress.com) where you can get to know her and her work better. So, don't hesitate to drop by and say "Hi"!

That's all for today's Hidden Gem. Since this is a new category, I'll definitely appreciate your Comment and Feedback! Next Wednesday, we'll meet Nicole and her wonderful shop, LovelyJourney, the place to go to for breat

htaking fine art prints. You know you don't want to miss it!













___________________________________________________________________

For more information on "Saturday's Featured Artist" and "Wednesday's Hidden Gem", click here!



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment