Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"School is so OVERRATED"

















(PIRATE mini ART tote for kids-crayon keeper-chalk cloth-bag by Whimseys on Etsy)

"School is so OVERRATED", said my favorite professor. Don't get us wrong. We do not promote "No-schooling" or underestimate education. She is finishing up her doctoral degree, and I'm working and saving for graduate school. Yet, one thing I've learned is that more schooling does not necessarily make you a smarter or better person. Take my oldest sister. She couldn't finish high school due to my family's financial situation at the time, and yet she is among the kindest and smartest person I've ever known (All right, may be I'm a little bit biased:). The older I get, the more I respect her for the sacrifices she made for us, younger siblings, and her wisdom in life. Schooling is helpful, and it definitely enriched my life. Still, it has nothing to do with my self-worth, and I'm so thankful that I have a Father in heaven who loves me for who I am no matter what!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment